We kept working on the copy bot, we have a lot of the mechanical done but we are still missing a few parts to make it work like the real robot. Another AndyMark order and we should be home free for a second robot.
The real robot is now not shooting strait consistently again. A couple changes in the wrong direction and now we have to fix it again. It appears that the hood and the compression bar are both not strait now. They should be relatively easy fixes but we still have to make them work. Hopefully before the scrimmage on Saturday.
We did some more testing and we noticed that the battery voltage alters the shots far more than we though even with velocity control. We think it’s due to the torque required to maintain speed through the ball. Since the voltage is less thus the torque is less than the ball slows the wheel more than at full voltage.
We worked on getting the PID controller setup for the hood and now have accurate angle control.
We also worked on adjusting the center of gravity and we have found that we can make it turn properly by adding weight to the front. It’s still not perfect and it isn’t how it’s actually going to be for competition.
We’re still missing decals and netting from the side of the robot as well. Bumpers will be finished this weekend.
– Allen Gregory