Our fixes didn’t exactly work out as planned. Our max range decreased and our accuracy was worse but this is why we test early so we know what works and what doesn’t. We found out that how we guide the ball into the shooter is far more important to consistency and velocity than we had thought. We will begin building a redesigned hood to feed the ball to our compression bar tomorrow.
We actually did some out door testing in the court yard today because our normal room was being used for another event. We took out our middle height goal and were able to shoot on it for the first time. Even our close range consistency is having problems.
We spent a lot of time working on the PID control for the Shooter velocity and for the angle control of the hood. Both of which are making progress. Getting all of the code functional is becoming a higher and higher priority as the build dead line approaches. We’re still behind on the vision processing and several of the other programming features.
We also began making the motor mounts for the Banebots P60 Gearboxes that will be running our collector and our elevator, we have been using a 775 with a CIM-U-LATOR and a CIM Motor but those will finally be changed once we get our latest Banebots order.
– Allen Gregory
“Slow down and remember this: Most things make no difference. Being busy is a form of mental laziness—lazy thinking and indiscriminate action.” – Timothy Ferriss