Wednesdays are normally pretty slow. We got some more parts cut for our practice field elements, did some manual intake material testing (i.e. rubbed lots of types of rubber and wheels on the balls), and we had an awards meeting this evening to get our Chairman’s Essay nearly finished.
We were able to inflate the balls to the proper 3.5 psi, before today all the gauges we had in the lab didn’t read that low. We purchased a digital inflator from Amazon that very easily inflates the balls to 3.5 psi automatically and it works great. We were testing balls at various states of inflation since we didn’t know what was right, in general, most of our balls were underinflated in any previous test to what degree we don’t know (we didn’t have a gauge that could read it remember). The balls are very firm when fully inflated to the spec 3.5 psi.
Link to the inflator – https://amzn.to/3Fn329g
The push will be to do more intake and climber prototyping over the next few days.