Now that we have finished building all the defenses, we can turn our full focus to working on our prototypes and finalizing our design.
We built a wooden mockup of our chassis design to use as a base for our other prototypes. Right now, we’re using an 8-wheel drive train with the ends tilted up for easier entry onto the various ramps in the field. We’re also in the process of determining the best angle for a wedge that will be added to the front of our robot and lift the portcullis.
|Current chassis design with the beginnings of a wedge system for lifting the portcullis|
We also built the shooter prototype seen below, adapting a design created by our friends Team 2848.
|Shooter prototype in the process of its construction|
Using some of our various shooter prototypes, we were able to shoot the ball, but it lacked consistency in its trajectory. In the coming days, we will work to improve our shot and develop a way to get consistent results.