Power Up is finally here
If you want to see how many of our Teaser guess we got right check out our other post here.
Day 1 starts with heading over to our kickoff event, this year hosted by our friends in Katy, TX they have 5 FRC teams building at their STEM center and they invited the rest of the area teams there to watch the kickoff and pick up our kit of parts.
After we get our KoP its back to Strake Jesuit to read all of the game rules and start talking about strategy.
Quick Max score math
Auto: 15 Seconds
- 15 crossing line
- 28 for switch (2 + 2*13 secs)
- 26 for scale (2+ 2*12 secs, opponent scoring cubes could stop this)
Telop: 135 second telop
125 * 2 = 250 (125secs * 2 for the scale and switch points)
10 * 2 * 2 = 40 (scale and switch Boost Bonus)
9 * 5 = 45
30 * 3 = 90
15 + 28 + 26 + 250 + 40 + 45 + 90 = 494 =500 (give or take 4-20 points)
Talked through some functional requirements, these aren’t set in stone and will likely change through out the week.
- Drive around field
- Go over speed bumps 1″ dome. at weid angles
- Go the ramp to the platform at weird platform
- Maneuver in tight spaces
- Quick sprint distances
- Possible Brakes?
- Tank Drive
- Ground to 8ft speed?
- Able to asssit with climb
- only 2 moving stages
- Camera mount on the elevator
- Grab cubes in any orientation. (3 different ways)
- Grab over bumper
- securally hold the game piece
- Deposite into exchange
- Integrate with elevator
- Touch it, own it
- robust can take a hit
- Shoot cubes
- Gentley place cubes
- Firmly place cubes
- Auto place cube
- Climb with another robot
- Climb quickly sub 5 secs
- Holds it self up after match
- Get the bumpers above 12″
- Easy alignment for the driver
We’ll finish building our Scale so we can test how the game pieces interact with each other as you place them. We also have a few bench tests we want to build for testing ideas for climbers.
“Luck is not something that happens by chance. Luck is earned through dedication, work and determination.” -Katie Mickley