We fixed some of the issues with the elevator by removing things, which is always a plus. The ball gather got a bit of an improvement by adding guide plates to the bottom to avoid messing up the balls. We are still having a bit of a problem with the polycord slipping out of it’s grove but we now know what’s causing the problem.
The beagle bone development is coming along, we have it sending data to the cRIO. We still have a long way to go on the vision system. The rest of the programming is coming along well but there are a bunch of things to do once the vision and IMU systems are up and running.
We tested the shooter improvements with flying colors, we were far more consistent this time around. We are still shooting a bit left on occasion but much less noticeable than before. We were able to set the wheel speed and make the same shot consistently.
We took the robot to half court to see what it could do on the 10 foot rim and it didn’t have any problems. In fact this was our first shot, with just sort of estiating on speed and angle.
FRC#3847: Half Court Shot from Spectrum 3847 on Vimeo.
We are continuing to work on the copy bot, we have the drive base, and most of the collector bars attached. We also are making all the practice rollers for the collector and elevator. Still awhile before it is functional.
Tomorrow we will design something to push down the bridge.
– Allen Gregory
“Almost all quality improvement comes via simplification of design, manufacturing… layout, processes, and procedures.” – Tom Peters