The robot progressed really far today. We have most of the drive train finished, minus a few chain runs. The brackets and gussets were all finished and painted and we began riveting them together. The upper collector posts are nearly finished as well.
We finally went to the gym to do some real test shots, from about 2ft off the ground we are shooting 48ft. The shooter was pretty consistent seeing as it wasn’t a rigid frame and we had people holding the angle.
The collector rollers are progressing once we get the upper frame bars we should be able to test the first one with a real setup.
The plan was to use 775s for the collector and elevator but a lot of people are still having problems with them. We may be using 550s in the CIM-U-LATORs instead. It would have been nice to decide that before we ordered the 775s luckily we ordered just one.
We have some work to do to stiffen up the frame, we forgot how not rigid the kit chassis is, especially when you cut out a section of the front.
They released the sample Java vision tracking code today, which makes life a lot easier for the controls team. We are still having some trouble with undocumented sections of the API but we will work through them.
– Allen Gregory
“Believe it or not, it is not only possible to accomplish more by doing less, it is mandatory. Enter the world of elimination.” ~ Timothy Ferriss