We have been finding places we can remove weight from our robot. We need the weight to fit our climber on and possibly add more motors to our shooter.
- Weight savings
- Change Flex Wheels to pool noodles – ~1lb
- Remove roller (3 to 2) – ~1lb
- Remove VPs in Funnel and remove one NEO 550, move to belt and crossed poly cord belt
- Look into nylon bushing instead of bearings on some of the rollers/belts.
- Remove VP from the tower and switch to Falcon with 8t pinion (can’t get 8t on NEO, don’t want to press on 9t, need too much reduction for NEO550)
- Fairlanes in accelerator wheels move to stealth wheels
- Remove VP from buddy climb and use 6t NEO 550 pinion
- 1/16″ wall square/rectangle tube change to 0.04″ and 0.05″ vex Versaframe.
Here is a video of a very quick drill powered pool noodle intake test.