We finished the constructing most of the upper poles today and got them painted. A lot of the day was waiting for the paint to dry. Tomorrow we can rivet together the brackets that will hold up the bars for the collector and elevator.
The camera is coming along, we fixed some issues with the mount. The java library upgrade from yesterday helped a lot.
We finished dremeling the bearing seats for the rollers. They look pretty good. The conveyor tread that we have should suck up the balls with no problems.
This week we should get the final parts in for the initial construction phase and we should be mostly assembled by next weekend. If we can wire everything over the weekend we should have a shooting robot next week. Than 3 weeks of making lots of improvements and getting the code working. I honestly believe that this is the first game since 06 where programming can make or break a team.
Today was the first time that we looked at the website as a team. It’s off to a really good start. Still needs lots of improvement but the base is setup so we can add on to it as we go.
– Allen Gregory
“Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.” – Pat Riley