Our normal lab space was being used for parent-teacher conferences, so we moved up to our practice field area for a few hours. We found a major problem with our intake system that we had to fix. The discs were hitting the bottom of the belly pan when they were trying to enter the collector because it lifts them up a wedge.
This called for another complete disassembly of this robot. We had to modify the belly pan heavily and raise it one inch to allow for disc clearance. This also meant we had to completely rerun the wires as well.
It’s back together tonight; we will test collection again tomorrow.
“The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford